LOCATION & OVERVIEW
Deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib, is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination, situated on the banks of the beautiful Red Sea. Overlooking Port Ghalib International Marina, Corniche & Khan, near to Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, five minute drive from Marsa Alam International Airport, 210 km from the city of Hurghada and 370 km from the city of Luxor.
Deep in the southern reaches of Egypt, between the Sahara Desert and the Red Sea, lies the amazing destination of Port Ghalib. Marina Lodge is ideally located at the heart of this exciting destination.
Marsa Alam International Airport is only 5 minute’s drive from Marina Lodge, 210 km from the city of Hurghada and 370 km from the city of Luxor.
Nestling between the majestic desert and the shimmering Red Sea on a secluded coastline in southern Egypt is Port Ghalib. This magical location seamlessly blends ancient history with leisure options and adventurous dive sites among breath-taking coral reefs.
1,000 years ago Ghalib Ibn Zgahlul sailed into view, searching for a Red Sea port that would open a new spice route to the Mediterranean, make his fortune and win the hand of his beloved Budour.
He found the answer to his dreams in this picturesque bay, naming the natural harbour Port Ghalib. Find the answer to your dreams, too, at Marina Lodge where Nubian/ Arabic interior blends perfectly with the surrounding landscape and the crystal clear blue waters of the Red Sea.
RECREATION AND RELAXATION AT THE SEA’S EDGE
The shimmering sea, 18 kilometres of soft and golden sands, restaurants, bars and stunning options for retail therapy have created an irresistible blend of leisure, relaxation and excitement at Port Ghalib.
Relax by the pool or on the beach, stroll along the waterfront to the Corniche and & Khan and take in the ‘market place’ atmosphere of the shops, lanes and stalls stretching over 1.5 mile along the quayside. Nearby is Port Ghalib International Convention Centre, the largest and most modern of its kind on the Red Sea.
Offshore, explore the captivating marine life or indulge in thrilling water sports and diving. The hotel has a designated five-star PADI and SSI registered diving operator. Inland, the desert beckons with its air of magic and mystery. In addition the hotel offers enough activities and pursuits to satisfy every guest.
There is so much, and more, to enjoy at Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib.
Today Port Ghalib comprises the finest shops, restaurants and bars along the Corniche and Khan, an international marina home to dazzling yachts from around the world, upmarket hotels and the largest meetings centre on the Red Sea. All just a few kilometres from Marsa Alam International Airport … and so much easier to reach than Ghalib Ibn Zgahlul found 1,000 years ago.
RECREATION & LEISURE
• Nearby Beach
• Two large swimming pools on separate levels
• Sun lounger, umbrella and towel services are provided poolside
• Sun Terrace
• Gymnasium operation hours is from 09:00 am till 20:00.
• Sauna and Massage
• Five-star PADI and SSI registered diving operator provides diving equipment. There is a three-metre diving pool for beginner, intermediate and advanced diving courses on site, plus lectures and a dive shop.
• Mini Catamarans
• Diving ( PADI / SSI ), Underwater Photography, Snorkelling and Dolphin Safaris
• Horseback and Camel Riding
• 4×4 Desert Safaris and Quad Biking
• Tennis Courts (1,000m away at sister hotel)
• Cycling and Mountain Biking
• Massage and Sauna
• Water Taxis or Car Transfer to Port Ghalib International Marina
• Play Station 3
• Hunting Games
• Juniors’ Play Room
• Small Pitch Soccer
• Table Tennis
• Ten Pin Bowling
• A half-mile parade of retail outlets plus the local attractions of the traditional Egyptian bazaar and ‘souk’ atmosphere at the Corniche & Khan
• 5-Star PADI registered diving operator
• 3 meter diving pool for beginner, intermediate and advanced diving courses on site and dive lectures
• Bedouin Tent: Located 11 kilometers in the desert from Port Ghalib is a private Bedouin Experience. Run by traditional Bedouins who live on site, this is an exceptional opportunity to experience and learn about true desert life, with dinner under the stars, local Bedouin entertainment and camel rides through the desert.